Finding meals that are healthy, easy to prepare and not too heavy on the wallet at the same time can be tricky. Especially when packing lunch for work where meals also need to be easy to eat. That’s why I love this simple and easy to prepare salad recipe that has a great mixture of vegetables, protein and healthy fats that will get you through the midday slump.
6 Freestyle Points 292 calories
TOTAL TIME: 5 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 0
Greek Chickpea Salad, made with chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and Feta is perfect to make ahead, for lunch for the week!
- 500g ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced Persian cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata or gaeta olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 115g fresh feta, sliced thick
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In each of 4 (4-cup) containers or bowls, arrange 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1/3 cup tomato, olives and red onion, top with Feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing with each salad.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 container
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 292 calories
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 11g
For more easy and delicious recipes, visit skinnytaste.com