At Camelot Spa, we believe that health starts from within and promote our clients to take care of their health and promote beautiful glowing skin by eating a healthy, balanced diet. To provide a fully holistic offering, we provide lifestyle advice for every client that visits our spa. In line with that, spoil yourself with this great mixture of vegetables, protein, and healthy fats, with this tasty Greek Chickpea Salad Recipe.
TOTAL TIME: 5 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- 500g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 115g fresh feta, sliced thick
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In each of 4 (4-cup) containers or bowls, arrange 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1/3 cup tomato, olives and red onion, top with feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing with each salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 container
Calories: 292 calories/1 2220kj
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Recipe adapted from skinnytaste.com